Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tea Time, Ladies and DIY Bath Scrubs

Last Saturday I hosted a coffee for our incoming Commander's wife, Lisa. She and her husband are actually coming back to the battallion after a 2 year break. Lisa was a part of the the first coffee group that I ever attended when we first arrived to Hawaii. It is nice to have her back and I really enjoyed hosting this get together for her.


We met at A Cup of Tea in Kailua, and had a real "tea" complete with little sandwiches and scones. There are a lot of new women in our coffee group and we had a good time getting to know each other.

Here's our group pic:with the guest of honor3 of the ladies (including my good friend Sarah, in the middle) are pregnant and all due within a month of each other...so of course we got a belly shotThis coffee was a good excuse to put some of my pinterest ideas to good use. I've been eyeing the homemade bath scrubs for awhile and thought they would make perfect gifts for the party.


The scrubs were SUPER EASY to make and i love that they use common ingredients that you probably already have on hand. I did buy this one oil especially for the scrubs. Coconut oil is supposed to be fabulous for your skin--strange though. It's solid in room temp so you have to heat it up to use it. For most of the scrubs I used essential oils to add scents, but I also experimented with some natural scents and ingredients including, lemons, limes and oranges.
The End Product. Pretty cute, yes?

(i actually made a lot more than this, just forgot to take a picture!)


Here are the recipes i used if you are interested in trying this out too!




Citrus Hand Scrub -- for this one i used salt instead and added lime zest to it. It is great to use to get rid of food smells on your hands after cooking!


Vanilla and Brown Sugar Scrub -- careful you may want to eat this one!


Pepperming Foot Scrub -- perfect for the holidays


Tropical Sugar Scrub -- for this one i didn't use the salt and i used more oil to make it wetter---either way, it's pretty great--my favorite so far. Although be careful...it can make the tub slippery after use!

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

I do recognize Lisa! Glad that you had fun. LOVE the scrubs. They're on my to-do as well.